My sweetie just showed me this man’s site, and I’m lovin’ it!
I particularly like his 10 Rules:
- Gardening should be challenging, relaxing, and fun.
- Renegade Gardeners are cautious and wise when perusing the plethora of products and plants sold by the commercial gardening industry.
- Gardening involves commitment.
- Renegade Gardeners learn the Latin names of the plants they grow.
- Gardening is not always easy.
- Renegade Gardeners come to realize that lawns are essentially a dumb idea.
- Gardening and rock music do not mix.
- Renegade Gardeners buy first from local growers.
- There is nothing wrong with cutting down a tree on your property.
- Irreverence is essential.
Lemme tell ya–Zone 4a gardening can be a bitch, especially when that damned doe eats your rose buds and growth tips on your new apple trees.