- passed health care reform
- passed the stimulus package
- passed Wall Street reform
- ended the war in Iraq
- eliminated Osama bin Laden
- saved the U.S. car industry
- repealed the U.S. military “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy
- helped take down Gaddafi from Libya and Mobarak from Egypt
- increased support for military veterans
- passed credit card reform
- achieved a new START treaty
…do I need to go on?
There are 39 more achievements listed in the April 2012 Washington Monthly article, which doesn’t even list Obama’s support for same-sex marriage.
Granted, he’s got more ground to cover (please bring back habeas corpus!), but overall he’s done pretty well.
Unlike someone else who’s running for president and can’t be bothered not to piss off Europe in the process.